1) WHO SHOULD I CONTACT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS?
Please contact Softball Commissioner Chris Brandt via firstname.lastname@example.org
2) WHAT DO I NEED TO PROVIDE?
The league supplies basic equipment including batting helmets, bats, balls and catcher’s gear however you may choose to purchase these on your own. Included in the registration fee are: uniform, socks, visor, ASA registration, insurance, umpire fees, and basic equipment. You will need to provide:
* Softball Glove
* Bring water to practices and games
4) KEY DATES
Please visit "Calendar and Events" for upcoming events and information.
5) WHAT IF I WANT A REFUND?
Our goal is to be flexible and fair. Any reasonable situation which arises, we will respond to. We ask for you to understand our needs of a time frame wherein we can fairly respond. Once teams have been formed and uniforms ordered, barring highly unusual or unforeseen circumstances, refunds will not be issued.
6) Are there any SPECIAL TRAINING AND/OR CLINICS?
We provide clinics and opportunities to enhance your softball skills throughout the year. Events will be posted under "Announcements" and the "Calander and Events" sections of the website.
7) HOW CAN I HELP OUT?
There are many ways! Each team needs volunteers and your support is key to ensuring a successful league for the team. Your fees do not pay any salaries – we are all volunteers! Here are positions you may consider:
* Head Coach or Assistant Coach: Primary role is to teach the girls and assist the Manager
* Team Parent: Administrative right arm of the Coach ensuring that non-operational tasks required are supported and that the league communication loop is open to all parents.
* Chaperone: Assist the Coach in the dugout area during games and be responsible to ensure the welfare of the girls.
* Scorekeeper: Maintain the game records for the team and ensure that the game publicity provides recognition to both individual girls as well as to the team (training available)
* Sponsor: A fee of $300.00 for each team is needed to offset the expenses of the program not included in registration fees. You or your company can help by recruiting or being a sponsor.
2008 ASA Code Changes with Comments